View Single Post
Old 01-20-2005, 10:30 PM   #50
timshau

Model: 8700
Carrier: AT&T
Default Suggestions for BBToday

Chris,

I'm not sure if you are watching this thread - I couldn't find an email or your username in the memberlist, so I'll post this here.

Nice job on the BBToday application! It's simple and nicely functional. A few suggestions for the next version.

1. On my 7100t, the highlight bar is magenta, so you cannot read the red/orange text. (x New Messages, y Active Tasks z High Priority). From one of the photos, I think the highlight bar may be blue on other BB models. Some of the black text turns white when highlighted, so this is another option to make the text easy to read.

2. I don't really use the tasks to track activity and doubt most people do. Total Tasks would be a more useful item to display than Active Tasks. All mine are "not started" or "complete".

3. It would be nice if the appts & tasks showed the next items, even if it needs to wrap to the next day.

4. To avoid seeing errors on the screen all the time (when out of area, etc.), I suggest only displaying the Weather errors for a minute and then hiding them. Or just do a pop up.

5. Saving the hardest for last... BBToday works great as my main menu, with the exception of the phone. Phone integration (plugin) would be a wonderful addition. I'd suggest using the default menu behavior as a guide. If I start typing numbers, then take me to the phone app. If the phone is ringing, let me answer by clicking the wheel. You could display the last number (called or received) on the main screen. I haven't seen the phone PocketPCs, but you may get some other ideas from there.

Thanks for providing this and for listening!

Cheers,
Tim