View Single Post
Old 05-02-2006, 10:36 AM   #14
jibi
BlackBerry God

Model: 8900
Carrier: AT&T

Well, the Smartner and Microsoft cases do, in fact, make sense. Keep in mind that Seven Networks bought Smartner as its international entity, from what I understand. The lawsuit against Seven should have covered Smartner in it. Given their progress against Seven Networks in the patent office and the upcoming victory against Seven, their move to fire against Microsoft was a no-brainer - Magneto was born out of the same people who made Smartner/Seven's product.

Atleast that's my take on it. The patents speak of a workspace synchronization. I agree that is extremely broad - who/what defines 'workspace'. But I do see that it could be applicable, especially if its already been ruled as such against a 'competing' product of RIM and Good. I don't think that the same prior art arguments that came up in a 'wireless email delivery' case would be applicable to 'workspace synchronization' but I could be wrong.