View Single Post
Old 01-27-2005, 06:58 PM   #24
Mark Rejhon
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: Bold
Carrier: Rogers

rcg:
It's configurable! Go to your Main Menu->Profiles .... Be pleasantly surprised that you can configure it separately for background versus foreground operation
:D

MGalin:
Excellent suggestion about font size, although that could be kind of tricky. PDAApps tells me that group chats are a feature being implemented later in 2005. There are some other priorities (as well as very minor leftover bugs).

tel66:
I am glad you love automatic reconnects. I insisted on that feature. I kept asking for automatic reconnects, because I am a deaf user who uses IM like a telephone and requires 24/7 always-on instant messaging.

No public versions were released between Version 1.48 through 1.70, because there were numerous bugs coming up with automatic reconnects, and you can probably blame the delay between 1.48 and 1.70 on me, because I've probably sent 50 logfiles to PDAApps (I am running 1.79 now, and it has a debugging send-logfile capability)

I beta tested many "alpha" releases such as 1.49, 1.50, 1.51, 1.52, 1.53, 1.54, and so on, all the way through 1.79. Sometimes they skipped a few point releases, but I often got almost every point release, and I sent a big email with each release (So I've probably sent over 30 big emails to PDAApps.... a responsibility a good beta tester should have!)

Also, license information is fixed now. Version 1.78 now keeps the license information when upgrading. It was a bug in earlier versions to lose license information when installing newer versions. So when you install newer versions on top of 1.78, it should now keep your license information.
www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0301.html - specification
www.realjabber.org - open source