View Single Post
Old 06-14-2006, 02:05 AM   #1
evandt
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9900
Carrier: AT&T
Default Ringer Volume Issue

Please Login to Remove!

Let me get the technical out of the way first. This will help.

8700c on Cingular. Cingular Theme running. I have successfully paired my device via bluetooth to a 2006 BMW 325i and it works flawlessly in every area accept one.

My phone will work fine, no problems whatsoever and then suddenly the ringer volume seems to be really really quiet, this lasts a few days, sometimes weeks and then goes back to normal. I've had 3 replacement phones and this happens on every one. In the profiles I have it set up on the highest volume, same thing. Try again with medium volume, same thing. Turn off exceptions, on exceptions, tried different sounds, with vibrate, without, etc etc etc same thing, its always super super super quiet. Whats weird is that if I goto profiles the ringer I select is LOUD but the second I get a call its almost inaudible. The only other person I know experiencing this has the exact same setup/scenario and is also using a 2006 BMW(M5, although I don't think it matters since they're the same system). Anyone have a similar experience or any suggestions? right now its just like luck when it comes back to working, I just try not to take it for granted because I know any day it'll go right back as it has so many times before.

thanks
Evan