View Single Post
Old 07-13-2006, 11:17 PM   #10
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

This really does work. I just recently saved a 7100t after a dump in a hot tub. I had the user remove the battery and let it dry out. He put it back in a day or two later but said the unit was dead. I got it a few days after that in a zip lock bag. I took it apart, dried the water out of it and let it sit for a few hours, (didn't bake it), and reassembled. After wiping the unit with javaloader and reloading the software, due to a jvm error it displayed, it all worked fine except for the display. The display got water marks inside it that were impossible to remove even after disassembling the display itself. I replaced the display with one from an old broken 7100t and it's still working fine after a couple weeks. I think I could have even saved the display if I had gotten to the unit sooner.

UPDATE: For grins I just dug out the BB that I used to rob the display out of to fix the one that got wet. I haven't looked at it since I swapped the displays. The display actually finally dried out. So, long story short, even the display will most likely dry out. I thought it was toast. Maybe if I had baked it I wouldn't have had to swap the displays. Can you bake the display along with the board at that 150-180F?

Last edited by John Clark; 07-13-2006 at 11:55 PM..