Old 08-08-2006, 06:33 PM   #37
DallasFlier
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9800
PIN: OT NOIR
Carrier: AT&T/Cingular/AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by InPocket
this is why i stay away from ebay altogether. When i am ready to sell my ppc im going to try and do it here. for some reason bbforums feels alot safer to me.
Sorry, but that sounds really pretty silly. Does that mean that you'd sell to someone via bbforums who had a very low message count, asked you to send it outside the country, etc?? BBforums is no more or less safer than eBay, as others have said here, you just need to exercise good old common sense - in either place. I've done a fair bit of buying AND selling on eBay, including some items for over $1000, and never had problems, but then as a buyer I don't bid on anything that doesn't accept PayPal, I never respond to an outside email address, I carefully check feedback profiles - and as a seller I insist on PayPal payments, don't ship until the money's in my account, sell/ship only to registered addresses, etc. Its alllllllllllll about common sense, and bbforums is no better or worse than eBay as a venue.

My 8700c came from eBay, and there were NO issues whatsoever - it was legitimate, not stolen, arrived promptly and has worked great for the last 6 months. But I did my homework in advance, before ever placing a bid.