View Single Post
Old 08-22-2006, 06:55 AM   #59
nicatnite303
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8830
Carrier: verizon

Thanks jinx...
I wish I had more to go on in the Event Logs. The only error is that Event ID 20000 error and it's so non-descript. These apps are push-able from the desktop application and I verified that they are compatible with the model handhelds I am trying to push them too.

One thing to note to everyone...
This passed weekend, we upgraded to BES 4.0 SP5a (Exchange) per Blackberry Tech support's recommendation. During the upgrade, it failed midstream (password error) and my only option was to abort/cancel because retry/skip was apparently not an option. While the installer stated that nothing had been changed as it backed out, I quickly found that it had uninstalled the original install. Basically, I had to reinstall BES again from the original media and then try the upgrade again. I had made a good backup of the db's so the reinstall/setup was pretty quick... but it's very lame for an upgrade like that to not allow you to re-enter a password if it was fat-fingered, and when backing out it didn't restore original files. BB Tech support said this was a "known issue" with the service pack. Just a heads up.