View Single Post
Old 03-02-2005, 04:41 PM   #3
jeremy
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8900
Carrier: AT&T

Here is what I did: I was moving to a new 7100g. Same carrier, same model, same branding. I backed up the first one, wiped it, moved the SIM to the new one and restored the data.

One thing worth noting is that when I cradled the new one, it wanted to update two modules (i forget the names but I think they were certificate related) even though the application and modules versions matched the first device. Also, desktop manager wanted to remove a module called net_rim_er_disable (If I recall correctly). I let it do what it wanted.

I was able to save an image from the web. I can both display it in the pictures app and set it as home screen successfully. The original pics still don't show. If I have to, I will just wipe it but I'm trying to avoid doing that so I don't have to backup since that may restore whatever the problem is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Rejhon
I think so. This might occur if you load pictures from a another carrier's BlackBerryOS -- causing a carrier conflict for DRM.

However, if you didn't do anything, this could be a bug. Are you able to download and save new photos from the web browser and email attachments?