View Single Post
Old 03-05-2005, 12:58 PM   #62
Exel

Default How to confirm static IP has been enabled?

Quote:
Nextel/Telus - iDEN - Works with TCP/IP
They are special because they are iDEN and more native TCP/IP. You need to order the static IP address option. This is done differently from the APN method. You have to call your Nextel/Telus customer service rep and order the static IP address, which is reported to cost about $4 extra per month for Nextel customers.
I called NeXTEL and asked them to enable this option. They claimed they did but I see nothing new under service books. They also did not seem to know what an APN was or whether I needed a user name/password. How can I confirm that the static IP option has been enabled?

Initially, I had Verichat working on my BB 7520. I then installed Blackchat and started having connection problems, which is why I went to enable the Static IP (also getting an error 738 when trying to dial out w/BB as a modem). Anyway, I removed BlackChat and reinstalled Verichat and now THAT is having conneciton problems. I get the PDAapps screen with Verichat under it and the sliding bar and it never negotiates a connection.

Any help would be appreciated.

BTW,

Here's the detail from my modem query:

Hardware ID: mdmgen

Command Response
----------------------------------------
ATQ0V1E0 Success
AT+GMM COMMAND NOT SUPPORTED
AT+FCLASS=? 0,2,8
AT#CLS=? (0,2,8)
AT+GCI? COMMAND NOT SUPPORTED
AT+GCI=? COMMAND NOT SUPPORTED