View Single Post
Old 03-06-2005, 11:02 PM   #64
Exel

Default 7520 Update

I confirmed I have static IP option w/Nextel Support and all my apps are working a-ok now. Verichat is able to sign on to all IM networks and it is working hunkey-dorey. I questioned CS on the inability to use the 7520 as a modem and was informed that they get many questions about this feature via the BB and unfortunately it is just not capable of doing so right now. Reportedly, it is under review for development on whether this feature will become available on the 7520 in the future. Considering the exorbitant amount of cash that is spent on a monthly plan to have all the features of a BB enabled, it is quite exasperating that a basic feature as "laptop-connect" is not functional on a hand-held that is chock-full-o-nuts and lacking in salt.

Oh, and to re-instate what is already in the main post of this thread:

APN/UID/PSWD - ALL BLANK for NeXTEL

If my carrier doesn't see it in their way to make laptop-connect an available feature, rest assured I'll keep my eyes peeled for any hacks that make this possible. I am always on the go, and the BB is righteous for being just so, but every now and then you need a little more power to doing things while mobile.

On that note, I understand that you can only interface with the BB when it is in sync mode via Desktop Manager - does this eliminate the possibility of sync'ing with a PDA if the DM isn't available for CE devices? Just a thought...

><

><
Offline   Reply With Quote