View Single Post
Old 03-07-2005, 02:42 AM   #66
Eric5273
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 7100g
Carrier: Cingular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dozment
I am a Cingular customer, and I have the unlimited Blackberry plan on my account. Since I purchased my 7290 in December, I have never had a data charge outside of the $45 Blackberry unlimited plan charge. In addition to email and the browser that came with the 7290 I use Verichat, an SSH client, and I have played with Reqwireless' browser and mail client. I think it is safe to say that you will not be charged. However, since there seem to be so many ways to set up the account, I would be careful. I did very little data on mine the first month I had it just in case I was going to be charged on the pay-per-use GPRS plan.

I hope this helps!

Dan
Can I ask which APN you use in the TCP settings?

I tried using wap.cingular, but it only worked after I called BlackBerry support and had them add the "pay per use" WIX Internet line items to my account. They told me I would probably be charged for the extra data used over this APN. I hope they are wrong.

But I also see that you can use isp.cingular, proxy, or according to the Reqwireless website instructions you can use blackberry.net. I would really like to find a solution that does not have any extra data charges.
Offline   Reply With Quote