View Single Post
Old 09-14-2004, 02:56 PM   #10
iRoninTMO
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Perhaps I can clarify for you... I work for T-Mobile, and am quite adept at their services. In order for the Blackberry to be marketable, T-Mobile had to get the Blackberry Web Client, so non-corporate customers could get e-mail on their BB. We offer a Blackberry Data plan that is SPECIFIC to the Blackberry, at a diffent cost, and with a different IP (wap.voicestream.com is our WAP IP/APN Gateway). The wap browser only shows up on your Blackberry once your Blackberry recieves the T-Zones(BrowserConfig) service book (Under Options/Service Book). Without that you'll need to download purchase and install the WAP version of Reqwireless (www.reqwireless.com) WebViewer, and fill the in the APN and t-Zones settings (this is what Gothic suggested). WebViewer runs 30 bucks. The other option is to purchase Blackberry service from T-Mobile, beacause that specific IP it connects to once the service is enabled it sends the aforementioned service book to the Blackberry. I'm sorry you feel your getting "screwed" by us, but we are pretty upfront about Blackberrys fucntioning better with Blackberry Service purchased. I suppose you talked to an apathetic rep.

Adam
Senior Sales Rep
T-Mobile, USA