View Single Post
Old 10-25-2006, 04:45 PM   #9
bbelack

Model: Bold
Carrier: ATT
Smile Do This!

Ok, I've been meaning to post... I have a blackberry pearl unlocked. I have a Cingular card in it. I was having a lot of issues trying to get it to MMS, but ultimately I finally got it to work with the help of an amazing Cingular operator (which are extremely hard to find)

First, with regard to plans: I have a data plan (but one that's NOT all inclusive with MMS and SMS), and I pay for the additional SMS and MMS packages on a monthly basis SEPARATELY.

Second, my TCP settings are: APN: "wap.cingular" with the Username as (all caps) "WAP@CINGULAR.COM", with password "cingular1".

I still couldn't get it to work though...but here is where we're golden. I asked the guy specfically what he did so I could tell all of you. This is what he said...

The Cingular operators have a program called "Snooper" which they use to set the proper APN for blackberry/treo/other PDA phone users. All you have to do, is ask the operator to use "Snooper" to add/confirm the correct APN to your account. Have them add both, "WAP.CINGULAR.COM" and "BLACKBERRY.NET" Then you pull the battery (to reset the phone).

After he did that, I was good to go. MMSing a lot now.

I have to say though, sometimes...they fail (very rarely), but I just "resend" and they go.

I really do believe the "snooper" thing works. Someone else talked about this function in a previous thread, but were vague about it. After I bounced the idea of the guy at Cingular, he knew what to do. So, there you go... Good luck!