Thread: Goodbye
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2006, 08:33 PM   #13
SanFrancisco
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9700
PIN: HEAD
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks for the comments guys. I guess I did not make myself clear, such is the way of the rant.

I am not disciplined enough to just ignore people when they hurl insults and snide remarks. As a prosecutor in high stakes litigation it's not in my nature to just look the other way when challenged or insulted. I realize my limitations in this regard, so rather than ruin everyone else's experience on BB Forums, it's best I just move on rather than get into "fist fights" on what is supposed to be a fun place to hang out.

Secondly, it makes no sense to hang around a hostile environment. Yes, all Forums have trailer trash mental slobs lurking about and I realize that some Site owners and mods can't police the boards or discipline members, especially since there are differing opinions on what constitutes proper behavior or violation of the rules.

For example, as pointed out in here, on my post in here and in the 8100 section, one Mod simply said "don't double post." Some people might think that was a curt response, while others will opine that rules are rules and I broke the rules, so a public warning was in order.

Anyway, as we say in the law, I have no standing to complain or expect anything from BB Forums. I'm sure there are many members who support those members who have called me a fudge packing gay or old man who just likes to tell stories. [I dunno, but I don't think I look that old in my MySpace picture].

In any event, maybe I'm not cut out to be a participant in these types of forums. To be sure, posting apparently invites attacks every once in awhile. So guess I can just lurk to catch up on events rather than post "how to" or answer pleas for help.

Thanks again for the remarks and comments.