Old 11-20-2006, 11:35 AM   #48
SanFrancisco
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9700
PIN: HEAD
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg
In a round about way I understand krads response what does your cat and a chair have to do with a bb? However posting that you are leaving in two different locations I think is a cry for attention. Seems to me I had a long running battle with an attorney on here and he posted similar stuff. Must be in the genes
Like I said, there is no perfect way to handle things. I only "double posted" because I was exclusively involved in the 8100 section, so that is where I posted. I also thought it belonged in Rants, so I put it in there. Was nothing more than a mechanical thing. I can assure you, history shows the last thing I want or need is attention in BB Forums.

And IMHO Forums can go anywhere. If threads were judged and moved on whether or not the posts have anything to do with a BB, then take a look at the current subjects. There would have to be a lot of moving, editing and trimming of the posts. For example, by your and Kxxx's standards, what does posting self portraits have to do with the BB? I think it's cool, but some people could pose the question.

My post was in a thread about a dog chewing the member's phone. Pet's damaging property was the subject [I had also mentioned in the same post how the same cat had flung my Pearl across the room, but it landed on carpet]. And I had mentioned to the member that the reason for my talking about it was that I understood his pain. Truth is, too, most people like talking about their pets and hearing stories about others.

But like I said, there a many ways to interpret proper or reasonable conduct on the Net. I know people who would have called for that one member's head for saying "kill the dog." But no one commented except me when I said "I hope you are joking."

All this "stuff" must be a lawyer thing? You are probably right inasmuch as truth, honesty, argument, debate, logic, and common sense are tools of the trade for zealous and competent lawyers. In fact, the good lawyers "think like a lawyer" 24/7. If your lawyer is a nine-to-fiver and would not, for example, e-mail you at 12 midnight, then sheetcan him or her immediately.

Thanks for taking the time to comment.

Last edited by SanFrancisco; 11-20-2006 at 11:38 AM..