Old 12-19-2006, 02:01 PM   #14
Stinsonddog
BBF Moderator

Model: 9700
PIN: Agaboobie
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by scollier
I am brand new to this forum and find many of the postings on this topic pretty advanced.

I am trying to connect my BB 7290 to my desktop using a Bluetooth USB adapter. Am running Windows XP and Desktop Manager 4.2. Not Connected to an Enterprise Server. I have followed the Knowledge Base instructions "How to Setup Bluetooth Connectivity" through Task 5 successfully. Task 6 fails - Desktop Manager is not able to recognize the device.

Is there a good discussion out there on how to address this problem?

Pretty sure you have to be on BES to get this to work. This policy needs to be pushed to the BB in order for the laptop to have BT enabled in DM. I have mine working for the latter. Am trying to see if my IT can change the policy and push it. From the KB article

Troubleshooting
If the Enable Bluetooth Support check box and Configure Bluetooth button are not enabled on the BlackBerry
Device Manager Properties window or the Connection Settings window, your computer may not be using native Windows XP SP2 Bluetooth radio drivers. Verify that you are running the Bluetooth device manager that came with Windows XP SP2 (see Task 2).

If your BlackBerry device cannot be found on the Add Bluetooth Device window, your BlackBerry Enterprise Server may not have the proper IT policies enabled. Contact your system administrator to verify that the following IT policies are set to FALSE:
xxx56256;xxx56442; Disable Desktop Connectivity
xxx56256;xxx56442; Disable Wireless Bypass
Note: These IT policies are only available in BlackBerry Enterprise Server software version 4.0 Service Pack 3 and later.

WELL MY IT WON'T CHANGE THE POLICY. YUCK.

Last edited by Stinsonddog; 12-19-2006 at 02:09 PM..