View Single Post
Old 01-23-2007, 02:54 PM   #13
Ashton
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7510
Carrier: Boost Mobile (nextel prepaid)

Let me ask you this, which is what I've seen/heard...

Do you want a device that's limited, but does not crash, or do you want a device that's got a MUCH wider bredth of ability but does soemtimes require a reboot?

I've used WM5 for close to 6 months, and not occasionally, that's the OS on my PDA which I take EVERYWHERE, and I use for everything from games to web surfing to movies to programming! (yes, you *can* write software using a PDA, but it's hell with the screen size and several interpreters dont work well..) While I *have* had to reset it a few times (maybe twice a month on average, twice a week on bad weeks --- and several times a day if I jsut installed new software and cant get it to work quite right...)

Then you have the BB line, which, from what I've seen and heard, is rock-solid stable, but does not have the abilities of a PPC (no expansion slots, less software, some compatability issues) but has the esentials such a web-browser, email, and SSH.

I like my BB for internet-based work when I'm not near a WiFi AP, but when I am at home or work, then the BB only comes out to answer a phone call. But this is just my opinion, and admitantly while I've used PPCs for years, I did just get my BB (though I've researched them off and on since the first one came out in the early 90s(?) and could *only* send/recieve email; not even work as a cellphone)

Just soem things to think about...