Old 01-24-2007, 12:38 PM   #7
rivviepop
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8320
PIN: n/a
Carrier: t-mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ta_daaa
I synched my BB with a mobical account, but mobical doesn't seem to like my gmail CSV files. Arg.. I simply want to reconcile gmail/BB contacts without a 3rd piece of software.
Alas, I hear your pain -- I also would like that, but Google has not (yet) opened their doors to allow SyncML with the databases to us mere mortals. GCalSync is a great start, so we can only cross our fingers and hope. (and write email suggestions!)

(...insert pause and elevator hold music...)

OK here's the situation -- Google exports contacts in CSV format (two styles), but Mobical wants vCard files for import. BUT, some Dude on the Web(tm) has you covered -- here's an online tool written in I guess javascript? that will convert it for you:

CSV to vCard

I just pasted in the first three lines of a "Outlook CSV Export" from GMail (not the default export for another GMail account) into this web tool, and it worked perfectly to create a vCard output I could save and import. Give it a shot, it may be what the doctor ordered for you.

PS: you can save that web page to your hard drive and run it locally! It's all self contained, no external links (CSS, JS, etc.) are present. woo! I love good code.