View Single Post
Old 02-04-2007, 10:27 PM   #122
archer6
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8310
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by billclark
I'm not saying I wouldn't (or don't) pay for Wi-Fi, all I'm getting at is who can afford to have an account with every hotspot company around? There are many that offer subscription service that don't have "roaming" agreements with other WiFi providers, and then there are those that have a pay-per-play type of service with no subscription option.

I'm not going to shell out $9.95 just to use WiFi for 45 minutes at an airport on my Blackberry, when I can just as easily grab my laptop, boot it up, and launch iPass and access the internet that way.

iPass is a company/software client that makes roaming agreements with thousands of hotspot operators and then sells their own service which integrates with a company's VPN system allowing "free to the end user" connections back to the corporate network. While I'm not paying for it out of pocket, my company has an enterprise account and pays for it for everyone. It doesn't support Blackberry at all, and there are no plans to as of yet.

You do make a very good point. One that I can certainly identify with as I carry a laptop everyday.

My question is how do you use your Pearl, as far as email is concerned? How many [per day] do you choose to process?

Also how to you like the keyboard?

I tried to get used to the keyboard on my pearl, and now I'm having second thoughts as everything else about it was exemplary. I'm thinking that perhaps I did not give it enough time. Especially since I truly like SureType as implemented on my 7130c.

Your feedback is appreciated.

Cheers
Via 7130c