View Single Post
Old 02-08-2007, 08:20 PM   #26
masterra

Model: 7250

Mark:

This might not be the right thread to talk about it, but i want to ask you something.

I recently (read: yesterday) updated to a 7130e from a 7250. As i'm sure you know, the 7100 line does not have the full keyboard. And apparently, they also do not support many shortcut keys from the home screen. You also cannot turn off the Dial From Home Screen feature, like you can on the 7200.

I can kinda get around this by using the theme BB Dimension-Zen, which has a little application launcher that it automatically links with the soft key, however i don't much care for this theme, and not everything i would like to work works.

So.. What i would like to do is write a small program that is just an application launcher. That is, i would map my soft key to it, and once it loads i could hit any key and it would start a built-in application based on what i hit.

Looking at your code for the QuickNote utility, it looks like writing a small app is pretty simple (and i do have some Java experience). My question is, will it be hard to find how to open each of the built-in apps, and maybe some other installed apps? I'll do my best to read through the API tonight, but i thought you might have some insight right away.

The lack of good shortcut keys is driving me nuts!

Thanks in advance!

Ra