View Single Post
Old 04-19-2005, 01:11 AM   #15
sddroog
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9500
Carrier: Vodafone NL

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandycole24
Did anyone have a solution for this? I have looked all over the internet for something that will auto sync the contacts in the 2 folders but have found nothing, has anyone gotten any closer to a solution?

Thanks!
I have been playing with an Exchange Event Sink, but I guess my programming skills are not sufficient to bring this to a succesful end.

I created the event sink on the public folder, and with every new and modified item I copy the item to the private folder(s). (Actually I copy them to a subfolder of the regular contacts folder). And I try to delete the item from the private folder(s) when a delete is occuring on the public folder.

So far so good. However, I lose the link with the item in the private folder if some of the name properties change in the public folder. And that is just the first of probably many problems I will encounter without a proper solution.

I haven't even started on a bi-direction syncronisation.

Anyone interested can have the source code I have created sofar. Perhaps some VB programmers can convert this to something we could all use?

Regards, Stefan.