View Single Post
Old 03-04-2007, 04:37 PM   #11
erroneus
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-Mobile

I wonder if there's a way to add a command-line or two to determine the aspect ratio of the source video and simply either make a selection of aspect ratios or calculate the new, scaled down size for the target video file?

Well, I'm in Japan now and watching videos on the phone during the flight was pretty cool! Here's some tips! Disable the radio and bluetooth for impressive battery life. They want you to turn those things off during flight anyway, but there's a pretty good reason to comply right there. On the flight back, I'm going to re-code as many episodes of "Scrubs" as I can to fit on my 1GB mem card. (I wanted to get a 2GB card, but the price point wasn't attractive enough... the ratios are out of whack but then again, I saw a deal online recently where a 1GB card was like $15 or something like that...ridiculously cheap while 2GB remains at about $50....)

Yes, the 8800 being released within a day or two after I bought my 8100 gave me reason to pause. But then again, I might have gone with the 8100 anyway. The size is perfect. Going bigger doesn't appeal to me much at all.
Desktop OS: Fedora 7 Linux, Windows XP (vmware)
Offline   Reply With Quote