View Single Post
Old 03-14-2007, 04:57 PM   #586
Xaneth
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrbes
I believe the documentation says it can take up to 4 hours for the polling service to pick up the new software change. I forced my test to update by resetting the handheld, and thus forcing an update. Not sure if there is a better way to force the update.

I am also seeing a prompt to manually reset the handheld after the patch is applied, anyone know of a way to have it automatically reset without user intervention?
This is definitely a day late, etc, but to change the polling interval, on the BES, edit the following registry key (DWORD), or create it if it doesn't exist:

HKLM/Software/Research In Motion/Blackberry Enterprise Server/Blackberry IT Admin Server/AppProvisioningPollInterval

Setting a decimal value of 5 sets it to poll every 5 minutes for example. Restart the Blackberry Policy Service and you're good.

Curious, I pushed this update out on Sunday after my company realized that this needed to be done (they didn't heed my warning about getting it done sooner). Though the update has been pushed down to all devices, when a calendar event is created on the BB, it shows up an hour late in Outlook. The reverse is not true, when the event is created in Outlook, it's fine on the BB. BES update? We're running BES for Exchange 4.1, and we haven't upgraded to SP3 yet. Downloading now.

Last edited by Xaneth; 03-14-2007 at 07:04 PM..
Offline   Reply With Quote