View Single Post
Old 03-15-2007, 04:26 PM   #14
archer6
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8310
Carrier: at&t

I just literally "gave away for free" my new Blackjack that was the last WM device I own. I bought it new a week before I migrated to the vastly superior BlackBerry Platform.

Just why did I give it away? Even though it was in perfect condition. It was a 10, on a scale of 10. With all packaging, plastic bags, papers, original box, you name it. Just as fresh and new as the day it was setup out of the box.

Here's why. I could not in good conscious ask for money, to actually sell it to someone who would be on the recieving end of such a dreadful device fraught with problems.

Note: This was my second brand new one, as the first one also had a miriad of problems far too numerous to get into here.

Suffice to say, that I feel for those who are pulled in by the masterful marketing that suggests this is a "cool" new device that will rival, or outperform the BB much less any other smartphone.

It was the worst experience, and the best. The best because it really caused me to appreciate the world class performance, usability, reliability and speed of any of the new BlackBerry models.

And WM6 is nothing more than a little rev, of little consequence. (And believe me I'm not an anti MS zealot)

I'm afraid that Microsoft has a very, very long road ahead if they are to improve the WM platform enough to be truly compelling, reliable and useful.

Cheers.