View Single Post
Old 03-21-2007, 07:44 AM   #1
jjnabc

Model: 8700
Carrier: TDC Mobil
Default Name Lookup on BES

Please Login to Remove!

Hi All,

We are experiencing a strange problem in our BES & Domino Environment when performing Name Lookup from Blackberry Devices at certain locations and it is driving me mad!

Environment is Domino 6.5.5 Server and BES 4.1.2.20.

The server is physically placed in Denmark but when american users performs name lookups from their Blackberries to the server their response back to the devices can take up to 5-10 minutes. The server itself performs the lookup very fast (within miliseconds) but the response back to the device either times out on the way back to the device or something else goes wrong.

As I have understood the name lookup itself takes place on the BES. The names.nsf is full-text indexed and everything should be running as effectively as possible. The name lookup functionality works fine for other users at other location where response is sent back within seconds.

Can someone please give me a hint on what could be wrong and secondly does anyone have a clue of where to find documentation on what actually happens on the device and server when lookups are performed.

Hope to get a response from someone!

/Jesper
Offline   Reply With Quote