Old 05-10-2007, 08:28 AM   #10
greggebhardt
No longer Registered.

Model: 9000!
PIN: NOT!
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsleAquatica-NiuNiu View Post
This can't be emphasized enough. Check on real world coverage first. Don't rely on coverage maps or the claims of fanboys.

Sorry for such a numb-brained question, but is there a particular way to check out areas where you'll be to check for the coverage you're looking for?
Take advantage of the carriers return period. Most will give you 15 days to use the phone and if not satisfied, return it for a full refund with no ETF. READ this conditions carefully as they can vary from one carrier to another.

Use the phone in all the areas you will expect to need a cell phone. This is important as I tried T-Mo and their map said I had excellent service at both my home and office which are only 5 miles apart. The map clearly showed excellent and yet I had to go out side to get reception in either. My Blackberry would remain silent till I walked outside and then get 10-15 emails and 4 missed calls. Cingular only showed good but I get full bars and have not had a single dropped call in months! Go figure.

Just test and see and do not believe the maps the carrier show you. Keep you phone past the trial period and you will owe the ETF to leave.