View Single Post
Old 05-11-2005, 08:48 PM   #1
celticlad

Model: 7290
Default Help with dead 7290

Please Login to Remove!

Folks
I'm writing here..out of desperation for my wife who practically runs her business from her blackberry. Today in mid-sentence (with me) her bb went dead. This is the second one in the last month.
Cingular customer service has been absolutely horrendous. They sent her to stores for hardware replacement, and the stores told her they had no authority to do anything. She has spent hours on the phone trying to get some resolution other than a replacement, which will take 4 - 7 days due to backorder issues.... according to Cingular.
I have an old compaq "ipaq" bb, which has served me faithfully for years...however her devices keep crapping out. I looked over the device to see if there was a hard reset button, but couldnt find one. I removed the battery and smartcard several times to see if that would reset....but no joy.
Bottom line...we have a 3 week old device that is dead. The red led blinks 4 times about every 2 seconds...but otherwise is dead.
Does anybody have any suggestions for me....she is really frustrated...and is in the midst of an extremely busy work week...and is kind of freaking out about not having her phone/mail by her side. I've done a search of these forums for "blinking light" topics...but didnt come up with much.
Thanks much
Brian