View Single Post
Old 06-02-2007, 07:38 AM   #11
Maverickster
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800
Carrier: Cingular

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnfromphilly View Post
You could not be on that version unless you are in Europe. It was launched overnight (6/1-6/2).

I log in and an option comes up for switching over....HOLD EVERYTHING!!

The main page says 2.3 now available but under it is all the 2.0 info. Here is the exact wording:

Upgrading to BlackBerry Internet Service v2.3

BlackBerry® Internet Service™ version 2.0 is NOW available!

NOTE: Please read this entire notice carefully as there are several new improvements and changes. Depending on your individual needs, you may not choose to migrate at this time.

Currently, your BlackBerry Internet Service v1.8 account features push email from up to 10 Internet email accounts. If you migrate, you will receive additional functionality, namely integrated email account management from the device. BlackBerry Internet Service v2.0 improvements include

My bad- I read the top line and it says 2.3 available and I figured the rest was info on 2.3- They must be loading it and just switched the top line- Very Odd. I saw that, which I have been checking for every day< and figured the switch had occured.

I am leaving for the morning and did not have time to read the whole thing as I was going to switch later.

Sorry for the confusion but in my defense it does say Upgrading to BlackBerry Internet Service v2.3 .
Not to be a contrarian, but I think your initial inclination was right. I'm 90% sure this is the BIS 2.3 rollout, albeit very poorly executed. The appearance of the "sync deleted items with device" option under the "edit" option for the email accounts (which I have on my account as well) as well as the mysterious downtime of BIS this morning and the notice some people received late last night when trying to log in to their BIS accounts about the server being down for service all point to this being the BIS 2.3 rollout; but, again, a very poorly executed one (at this point anyway).

I'll be interested to hear when someone actually receives a BIS email today....

--Mav