View Single Post
Old 07-04-2007, 08:12 AM   #3
Spectral
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8100
PIN: 23FA9743
Carrier: T-Mobile

If you keep your BlackBerry password-protected, no one can install any software on it. If you let someone borrow it to make a call, keep it locked so they can't access any other features.
Quote:
Can I install FlexiSPY remotely?
No. You need to have the phone physically in your hand for about 15 min. Installation is simple. You simply open up a web page on the mobile and enter your code. The download and install beings automatically
Don't let people borrow your unlocked phone for longer than 14 minutes

This sounds like BS:
Quote:
Can I listen to phone conversations?
When PRO-X is released, this will be possible
When a call is active, it's impossible to establish a data connection, at least on a BlackBerry. I wonder how they plan to pull that off.

Also, software cannot be completely invisible and must show up in the application/module section, so it would be pretty easy to spot if you know what to look for.

I guess a paranoid company can use this by pushing it via BES, but they would have to disclose that fact to employees or risk legal fallout.

Basically, this is nowhere close to the IE/ActiveX exploits used by malicious web sites to automatically install spyware on Windows PCs, so unless the government is after you, I would consider spyware on the BlackBerry a non-issue, and if they are after you, you probably have bigger worries.