View Single Post
Old 07-10-2007, 10:33 AM   #29
Mandizzle
BlackBerryFAQ.com Moderator

Model: 9800
PIN: 2322E11D
Carrier: Rogers

I'm using a Rogers 8300 and I grabbed mine from the first batch the store had delivered. Overall the Curve has been running smoothly for me and I give it a full 2-thumbs-up!

1. Call quality
- Greatly improved over my Pearl and probably the best quality on any other device i've used.

2. Handset microphone
- Everybody has said they can hear me loud and clear. My girlfriend said she can hear me a lot better on my Curve than she could on my Pearl.

3. Screen clarity
- Screen is very bright and it seems to be more visible in the sunlight than my Pearl. Plus it's much larger so that's a huge plus.

4. Construction/build quality of the device
- Build quality is ok. Not great and not poor. After having it for a few weeks now the right side railing seems to have a bit of give. Not really a big deal to me though.

5. Camera quality (overall picture quality)
- Picture quality is much much much better than the Pearl. Even in poorly lit conditions the pictures come out ok. Pretty good camera for a BB as far as I'm concerned.

6. Battery life
- Great! For me it lasts longer than my Pearl battery did. Plus with the leather pocket sleeve i'm able to to conserve on even more battery life.

7. Internet & E-mail speeds
- Seems faster than my Pearl. Not too sure about emails but webpages definitely load faster.

8. Input tools (trackball, keyboard, buttons)
- Love the full QWERTY keyboard. Took some time to get used to after the SureType on my Pearl but now after a few weeks of using i'm totally loving it!

9. Ringers & Speaker phones
- The speaker on the Curve is so much better than what was on the Pearl. It's super loud and clear. Speaker phone is also very crisp.

10. Operating System performance
- O/S runs smoothly and haven't had any problems. Running the latest Optus 4.2.2.222/4.2.2.114 version. The media loads up much quicker than the Pearl and overall the OS performance is great.
Offline   Reply With Quote