View Single Post
Old 05-27-2005, 10:18 AM   #23
jrwoodall
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7290
Carrier: cincinnati bell
Default new sim card response

I just went ahead and tried changing the sim cards from the 7230 to the 7290, and after a few minor settings changes, it worked fine. Then I realized I could use the restore function, even though the backup was from a different unit.

After I did all that, I was searching against the 7290 to see if there are any noticable differences, and came across an answer to my question, although it didn't show up when I searched against SIM cards...

I do have a related question. I noticed before I restored my information from the 7230 files, there were some GREAT images in the 7290 picture application, that were overwritten with the restore. Does anyone know if those images are available somewhere? I have tried searching the wallpaper sites, and even tried reloading the 4.0 firmware for the handheld, but to no avail. The quality of the images was great, and I really liked a couple of those pictures. Does anyone know how to get them back?

Anyway, two other things fwiw.

First, I would like to join the growing list of new users who are somewhat discouraged by the number of negative postings because people are asking for help. Not every question is going to require new research - some are just plain old help questions. Yes, I have run search on many of my questions, and often found the answers. However, there have been several times, last night for example, that the search results took me to pages that no longer existed. SOOO, for those of you who claim to have posted everything there is to know, please make sure you keep the postings current and active.

Second, with that said, the wealth of knowledge on these forums is unbelieveable! I have learned more than I will ever be able to apply on the BB, software, headsets, and so much more. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU.