Old 07-28-2007, 04:10 PM   #25
Klotar
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700R
PIN: On Request
Carrier: Rogers Wireless

Further to what I posted above, I did some experimenting:

---
- If I make a call from my home phone to my BB, and I am a contact in the Addressbook, I get, (with and without Berry-a-Code):

John Doe (as entered in my Addressbook)
+1234567890
---
- If I edit my number in my Addressbook so that I don't match numbers, and with CallerID, but without using Berry-a-Code, I get:

J DOE (CallerID Display)
+1234567890
---
- If I edit my number in my Addressbook so that I don't match numbers, and with CallerID, and with Berry-a-Code enabled, I get:

MANITOBA, CAN (Berry-a-Code match)
+1234567890
---

So in my case, because I subscribe to CallerID, I am better off not using the application because a name > area code lookup. However, if I did not subscribe to CallerID, I would be better off using this app, because area code lookup > nothing.

That said, I would also like to say that this is a great application that fills a nice gap. I'm guessing also that making CallerID's display somehow have priority over the area code / exchange code is too much of a pain to code for, so even if this was a pay app that I'd paid for, I wouldn't ask that of the author. Probably too much work for too small an audience.

So again, my hat's off to bberic for writing a nice app. But in my case, I'm probably better off with CallerID.
Offline   Reply With Quote