View Single Post
Old 06-02-2005, 11:28 AM   #16
ck99a
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7510

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritan
I don't have a nextel BB yet, see http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=9252

This is one of my fears with going with nextels BB. I get alot of text messages/ pages to my I860 using [email address]. I need to get these messages and would like to be able to send messages to others phones by sending messages out .From what I understand this can't be done?
I'm on Telus's MIKE network using a 7510, but since telus and nextel are virtually the same, I can help you out.

You WILL receive the messages. There is no option to reply from the sms itself. You can still send messages, but it's done through the browser, and not through the phone itself.

You WILL NOT know who sent the messages though, unless they actually sign them. Thats what I told people who absolutely must send me a message to do: put "-name" at the bottom of the sms. In general I tell people to email me, and do not send me an sms.

This is the most annoying thing I've ever seen. WHAT IS THE POINT OF RECEIVING A TEXT MESSAGE IF YOU HAVE NO CLUE WHO IT'S FROM?

<rant> Well, that and the fact that Telus charges 15 cents for every sms you receive. No idea how nextel works. So if 10 people send me 10 messages each a day for 10 days, i'd be billed for $150 in text messages. This is just plain stupid. I have no control over someone sending me a text message, nor does receiving one do me any good since I can't tell who sent it!
</rant>