Old 08-02-2007, 04:58 PM   #1
Nick_22

Model: 7250
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Aliant
Smile BB 7250 Need help changing carrier to the Aliant network service provider

Please Login to Remove!

Hi Everyone,

I have a BB 7250 from Earthlink and I want to activate it on the Aliant Network....I have upgraded the handheld software from v4 to v4.1
Now....the new carrier (Aliant) will activate the foreign unit; however they are concerned with how the unit will roam....the local dealers here are not helpful with ensuring the unit has the proper settings for voice & data to work on the Aliant network.

What I would like to do is:

1) Check to ensure the unit is not locked...I read the faq on this however my BB does not have the sim card option under advanced tools.

2) Program the unit with Aliant settings - country code, etc (When I activate the unit at a dealer I want to ensure everything is correct for my confidance in the dealers here based on my recent experiences and questions is not good)

3) Flash the unit will the Aliant PRL. (Since I did the upgrade to 4.1 their is a EVDO task that must be completed at a dealer (As per the Aliant website); however the 4 dealers I talked to didn't know anything about it)

Can anyone help? I have searched the posts but unable to find what I am looking for.