View Single Post
Old 08-09-2007, 05:46 AM   #63
duckworth
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8300
Carrier: Att

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenRule View Post

UPDATE 2: Just got off the phone with AT&T. They contacted RIM and had a fifteen minute back and forth. I never got to speak with a RIM support tech. The final verdict was that RIM will not support 3rd party apps. Obviously that doesn't jive with other experiences on here. For those that were successful, it might help to have the specific language you used with the techs. At first they had no idea what I was talking about and the notify server seemed to mean nothing. I didn't know what else to request.
I would refer them to the following article on their site:
BIS v2 Upgrade and BlackBerry | AT&T wireless services

which states:
Quote:
Enhancements for Google Gmail subscribers—You are no longer required to enable POP (Post Office Protocol) before integrating your Gmail account. And you now get virtual real-time (instead of poll-based) delivery of Gmail messages.
I would be firm and demand real time messaging as that is what you are paying all the money to RIM for. Be clear that it is a gmail account, just with your own domain name. State that there is a known issue with BIS picking up the fact that it is a gmail account and that RIM needs to manually add it to enable "push" mail etc. I made them stay on while I confirmed it was working by sending 3 emails sequentially to my account immediately after the previous one was received on my device. Assuming your inbox is fairly empty and there are no large attachments you should receive it within 30 seconds of it showing up in your inbox.
Offline   Reply With Quote