Old 08-17-2007, 01:43 AM   #5
J-Mac
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by janeenadamsmartin View Post
Desktop client is a good catch, that eliminates the built-in application. I am just wondering if they are overkill, or will I find all that customizing to be valuable. Do you guys have a lot of data being stored, or just passwords and a few accounts?
Very useful to me. I used eWallet from Iliumsoft for years but switched briefly to FlexWallet when WebIS purchased it. However FlexWallet was being heavily developed by WebIS - definitely to make it better, but you basically had to be running a rough beta-quality app while they were working on it. Now I use SPB Wallet, which was recently officially released. They took the others and basically made theirs fill-in any missing features. More customizable than the others, and a nice desktop counterpart.

I have all my bank accounts listed (account #'s, routing #'s, and web usernames and paswords), my insurance policies, various voicemail codes, vehicle info, membership info for various organizations, and about 50 website u.n's and p/w's. Heavily encrypted, so your data is about as safe as reasonably possible. (strong AES 256bit algorithm is used for encryption).

Oh - and it has a password creator, so rather than make up a new password for a new site, you can have the software do it and remember it.

Not a necessity, but can be convenient if you need something like this.

Jim