View Single Post
Old 08-27-2007, 10:36 AM   #4
John-Fox
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T Mobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroc View Post
Reconciling is for "reconciling" changes like deletion status or read/unread status.

For the BIS internet POP polling service, the inverval is approximately every 15 minutes. The BES emails are instantaneous. If you need fast email delivery without BES, you could try yahoo or Gmail, or try forwarding mails to your [email address] address. That address delivers mail instantly.

You can't manually cause the handheld to check for new emails. It doesn't work that way. IT you're not using an instant push method, then you need to be patient for POP polling interval. That's just the way it is.
I always hear the interval for checking POP is every 15 minutes, which is not often enough to suit me ... but thankfully it seems like it checks my gmail account every 15 seconds or less, which is wonderful. I also have it checking an exchange server at work, and now THAT does seems like every 15 minutes. I wonder gmail is more efficiently pushed than the exchange server. The exchange server got a governor on it or something?
Offline   Reply With Quote