View Single Post
Old 09-08-2007, 11:34 AM   #38
lydfoo

Model: 8703e
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Smile Fullname looked good, but all data in suffix - KB01451

This helped. My full names all looked ok, but it turned out one of them had all the info in the suffix. So the full name looked good, but none of the required fields were populated.

Anyway, this link helped too.
BlackBerry KB01451

Within the last 40+ lines of tif.log was the offending rec.
ILTIFGetField2.3 (rc=0) 1 First/Middle Name ==> len=1, val="\00"
ILTIFGetField2.3 (rc=0) 2 Last Name ==> len=1, val="\00"
ILTIFGetField2.3 (rc=0) 3 Title ==> len=1, val="\00"
ILTIFGetField2.3 (rc=0) 4 Company Name ==> len=1, val="\00"
ILTIFGetField2.3 (rc=0) 5 Work Phone ==> len=15, val="(504) 555-0853\00"

I did a search for the phone number above and up popped the bad rec.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markmdz View Post
From within Outlook, if you go to View>Arrange By>Current View><b>By Category</b> the contacts will be listed in a row/column format. If you then sort by Full Name, you'll see all contact missing both the first and last name. You can even use the field chooser by right clicking on a column header, then clicking field chooser, which will cause a window to appear with different column headings that are available. Simply drag and drop the First Name, then the Last Name fields into the column header row and they'll become a part of the current view.

From here, you'll just want to make sure that at minimum you have at least one letter/number (avoid punctuation and symbols) in at least one of the two Name fields (First or Last), then sync and you should be all set. The key is to have a value in the Full Name field (which is built by the First and Last).

Good luck. I just went through this with a number of my users here.

One of the RIM tech's I spoke to also mentioned that you needed an entry in the Company field as well, but I was able to get a successfull sync without any company entry in some of the contacts.
Offline   Reply With Quote