View Single Post
Old 09-08-2007, 09:23 PM   #44
vinmontRD
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by test54 View Post
Ok, I do however think their are differences in stability. My experience with 7290 and 8800 are much different as far as Battery pulls required per week.
Also, I did give the Email nod to BB and it deserves it but I think BES users get a much much different experience than us BIS users. Add that to being a Mac user without Desktop manager and it gets even closer.
Aside from BES pushing email immediately (and the obvious, such as calendar sync with BES), I'm not finding any significant difference between my time as a BIS user vs my time as a BES user. Aside from the couple of major outages recently, I've found BIS via T-Mobile to work extremely well. Also - although BES is more fully featured, the combo of BES and Exchange is far from bullet-proof. Overall, I'm finding the BIS experience to be quite good.

Re: battery pulls per week - under what circumstances? Why do you find the need to do this? I've been through a 7290, 8700, pearl, 8800 and now a Curve. Aside from experimenting with different OS's and loading a lot of 3rd party software that sometimes has memory leaks, I've rarely needed to pull the battery on *any* of my blackberry's. 90% of the time, when I *do* need to do this, it's directly related to my application experiments with 3rd party software.

No idea how stable the iPhone is, so I can't comment on that. But all of my BB's have been extraordinarily stable.
Offline   Reply With Quote