Old 09-09-2007, 08:34 PM   #57
vinmontRD
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortys11 View Post
lets be honest

if the iphone had real push email and some more bugs got worked out, Rim would have a real big threat...

if apple adds an office work suite it could get ugly for rim fast.
Nah...I don't think it's that simple - certainly isn't for me.

With the volume of text and email I send via BB, I doubt that I'll ever be happy with a touch screen. I've tried them over the years for PC's (touch keyboards), pianos (touch keyboards), for smartphones (MDA and iPhone)...and without a true tactile response keyboard, my speed, accuracy and comfort level all suffer.

With an iPhone-style touch screen, I can't possibly "dial" the phone one-handed - I have to hold it in one and tap with the other.

I don't foresee Apple dropping their UI - it's a core component of the user experience for them. It may be exactly the *right* UI for a media-centric device, but that doesn't make it a universally applicable device, i.e., what works best for multi-media doesn't necessarily work best for email, SMS and IM -- and vice versa of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortys11 View Post
they dropped the price in 2 months...what about when they get agressive and roll out the 3G model with more memory (32GB) and fix alot of the bugs and add a MS office app, real push email, more streaming media, gps, 4mp cam with video...

who's jumping on the bus?

at $299

i will take it for a spin fo sho!

anyone else in?
Not me - not anytime soon. I'm still more interested in adding GPS to my Curve and finding the right bluetooth headset (fed up with Moto BT headsets, and very frustrated with Jawbone - now considering BlueAnt Z9). But the reason for my preference is that my first requirement is for a text-centric applicance (PDA / Phone) that is mindlessly easy, productive and usable - for my text-centric tasks. Unless Apple decides to forego the touchscreen and revert to a keyboard (not likely), I seriously doubt I'll ever be able to consider an iPhone as my primary text-centric device - no matter the price and add-ons.
Offline   Reply With Quote