View Single Post
Old 09-12-2007, 09:04 AM   #1
ApacheIndian
No longer Registered.

Model: 9630
Carrier: VZW
Default Security breach: My e-mail account has been hijacked

Please Login to Remove!

I was in Manhattan over the weekend with my 8830 which is configured with my Gmail account. I accidentally left the bluetooth on. Monday morning I got an error message on my BB stating that there was a problem getting my e-mails. So I go to my PC to login to my Gmail account -- my username and password which I've used for years DID NOT MATCH -- that's when it hit me, my e-mail account had been hijacked. My e-mail account was chalk-full of sensitive information and passwords -- I checked other accounts and found that my credit card, debit card, and PayPal accounts all had unauthorized activity -- I froze them all immediately. Now I am royally screwed not able to access my lifeblood e-mail account, waiting for Google to get back to me.

I called a tech buddy of mine who has a particular interest in security and appraised him of the situation. He suspects that something went down via bluetooth in Manhattan.

What the heck is going on? Anybody have any advice for me? I could definitely use some help. Thanks very much
Offline   Reply With Quote