View Single Post
Old 09-16-2007, 03:53 AM   #53
Aldazar
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
Carrier: 1010

First of all, I think you did an excellent job on the theme, especially given that it's your first attempt.

However, like many others here, I'm not sure you have the right attitude towards what's happened recently. First of all, your theme, while beautiful, isn't in a polished state yet (eg. the font problem). As such, naming it 1.0 could be considered inaccurate and getting upset when people download it but do not donate is probably inappropriate.

I promised I'd donate a coupla bucks when I had a well executed copy of the theme running on my device, and if that ever happens, I will, but at this time, there's a little more work to be done before I'd consider it a polished, 1.0 release that one could justify charging for. Unfortunately, since you've removed access to the theme, I might not ever get my hands on the final, well executed copy.

I'd like to encourage you to continue working on the theme, and perhaps even work on more in the future, you obviously have a talent for it. At the same time, I suggest you look around on the forum and see how much time and effort others put into projects of their own which they provide at no cost to the community. This forum really isn't a place for members to make money off of one another, it's more a place for users to share their experience, knowledge and skills with each other.

Once again, great work on the theme, but there are probably better ways to go about monetizing your work if that's really your primary goal.