View Single Post
Old 06-17-2005, 12:34 PM   #6
jibi
BlackBerry God

Model: 8900
Carrier: AT&T

k, updated.

@dev, umm. dang, dude. I would imagine you'd want the least amount of user-interaction involved, which would decide which BES to use for the new database. I'd personally migrate the BES servers with the largest user base to new hardware and BES 4.0 prior to the database migration. This would have less impact on them overall not to mention less of a headache for you. So if 800 users existed on one BES, I'd use that one for your base database and first 4.0 BES.

I'd use the BES servers with the less number of users to migrate to the new database and free up the SRP ID/Auth Key (less users to deal with on the EA part, although the large servers would still need to do an EA in order for you to handle their handheld info and whatnot).

As for your question, I'm not really sure. New BES servers cannot be added to the console without sharing the database, no? This is something thats been foreign to me for the Exchange BES servers here (although they both now show up now that we're sharing databases).