View Single Post
Old 09-23-2007, 10:20 AM   #44
flar
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile

Grrr... I went to follow these instructions like a good little informed user and I screwed up. I didn't look closely and thought that "Advanced" would be an option when I hit "Restore" so I used "Restore" and selected the ipd file and saw it immediately begin sending data to the Curve. $&*%! I quickly hit "Cancel", but not before the first item got sent over and I didn't look quickly enough to see what it was.

I then followed the instructions and only selected the databases that I thought might be OK and did the restore, but I'm wondering how much harm might have been done by what did get sent. Is there any restore log I can check to see what got sent?

[EDIT: Well, I tried a test restore back to my Pearl and watched what happened - the first thing it does is "Requesting Database list" and then goes into "Organizing databases" which is all I believe I saw when I accidentally tried to restore to the Curve so I think I'm safe...phew. And to wit, the "Mobile Network" settings appear to be correct...]

Last edited by flar; 09-23-2007 at 10:30 AM.. Reason: added "Edit" section about results of investigation
Offline   Reply With Quote