View Single Post
Old 09-25-2007, 08:25 AM   #12
Clubowner

Model: 8820
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

Ok, I can't tell you how frustrating this is not being able to connect to my home wifi..I have spoken/e-mailed just about everyone from ATT, to Bellsouth DSL Support, to 2Wire, the maker of my home router...Here is the 2nd reply to my request for help:
Subject
WIFI problem using Blackberry 8820

Response (Charles H.) 09/24/2007 06:44 PM
Dear Charles,
Thank you for contacting 2Wire Customer Support. The following is intended to answer your inquiry:

Try changing the wep key
In order to change the wireless encryption key for your home portal use the following steps:
- Type gateway.2wire.net into your browser
- Click the Home Network icon at the top of the page
- Click the Wireless Settings link
- Submit your system password when prompted
- Check the Custom Encryption Key box
- Type a new key
- Apply the setting
- You will need to update this setting on computers that connect wirelessly to your home portal

This is something I'm personally not comfortable doing as I don't want to screw up my home network for my notebooks..I'm not very technical..HOWEVER....I did go to my local ATT store last night and this kid, salesman, was very knowledgeable about BB...He downloaded some chat programs for me that I was not able to do myself...and he tried to walk me through the wifi setup via PTT.......It didn't work but he got me to a web site for 2Wire that I didn't know existed...gateway.2wire.net (shown above) ...It showed my network and gave me options to change passwords/keys,showed all connections, speed, etc...I changed my password, entered it into the WEP KEY space on the BB and it didn't work.....Finally he told me that not all routers work with BB...That my 2wire (supplied from Bellsouth 5 years ago) may be outdated...and to order another one which I will do today..He didn't think ATT uses 2 Wire anymore..So, the hunt continues and I will post again when I get the new router.

Last edited by Clubowner; 09-25-2007 at 08:29 AM..
Offline   Reply With Quote