Old 10-14-2007, 04:19 PM   #8
greeneggsandham
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Darby
PIN: N/A
Carrier: FBSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBlackBerry View Post
Yes, RIM is clearly living in the past. We should all switch to Palms. Their stock price and continued increases in customers are clear examples of that.

Enjoy looking for hacks. Another Palm relic.

And you ARE ranting..
Hmmm..... I don't recall ever mentioning palms... lemme double check... Nope. Rather replying to specific points made by tobyw and in process provided some specific examples and asked a question since they seem to have technical clue or two about Network Operation Centers and the backend of things. The hacks and workarounds are stuff I've run across in these forums, e.g. "Linux Users Corner". Maybe you want to call them "enhancements". Fine by me. Sure, a bit of rant may have crept in but I suspect your beak may have been a bit tweaked as well had it happened to you. But the fact that I'm still even considering a BB device after being lied to by marketing, sales, and tech support, in my opinion demonstrates I'm trying to keep an open mind about bb's themselves. Lots of REALLY great things about them but also one major bad that's probably going to end up being the deal breaker. What I'd really like to see from RIM is actual IMAP4 support. Then I'd be jumping for joy! Other options on the table are either wm6 or symbian based devices. If anyone would like to expand upon various network or security related aspects of these options then I'm all ears
Offline   Reply With Quote