View Single Post
Old 10-16-2007, 09:18 AM   #1
Bob R

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T Cingular
Default Pearl 8100 and a Bluetooth Headset that works?

Please Login to Remove!

I have trying to find a bluetooth headset for my Pearl 8100 that works. So far I have tried Plantronics 320, 645, 655 and all 3 have STATIC NOISE during conversations. The 655 is the model sold by Blackberry but they call it the HS655. I like the appearance of these Plantronics units I listed and hoped to find something similar. Its not this phone that is the problem because it has been exchanged for another reason. I have tried 2 different 655 units and still get the same static results.

So ... does anyone have an answer to this problem? Am I doing something wrong? What is a similar looking unit that WORKS PROPERLY?

Thank you for any help.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

OK .... I think I found the answer to my problem (and maybe yours). There are a few references to the the Samsung WEP 200, the Jawbone and the Motorola models. I looked them up on CNET.com where I get a lot of information. The Jawbone looks big and so do the Motos but the WEP ... I'm not sure? I decided I should get a look at Best Buy. The Jawbone was to definately to big for my ear. The Motos are big and you see them everyware. To my bad luck (or good), they did not have the WEP 200. BUT, they did have the Samsung WEP 410. Smaller than the Plantronics I have tried, same shape but much much much smaller. They are very expensive ($100.00). There was only way to find out if it worked. If it didn't was it's going back to Best Buy .... if it does, I can find one at Amazon. WELL ... this is the one I've been looking for. Works perfectly ... crystal clear sound (both transmit and receive), works 20 feet away, smaller than them all and I didn't have rearrange the interior of my ear for it to be comfortable. This is SO VERY LIGHT, you don't need a hook to make sure it doesn't fall out. Now the price ... Amazon sells it for $50.00 ... mine is on the way.

Thanks all for your help.

Bob R

Last edited by Bob R; 10-26-2007 at 12:26 PM..
Offline   Reply With Quote