Old 10-26-2007, 08:22 AM   #3
Tigmeister
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: vodafone

In Response:

4) Thanks for the character key codes.

1) In regards to overwritting the keyChar() I'm unsure of where to do this. We have several applications using the J2ME library (including Canvas etc) Now these applications are all dependent on custom objects/components in a shared project using the J2ME libraries as well.

I'm assuming I should implement this in the parent component object, which is shared throughout all the projects. Looking at the return type, when i try and return super.keyChar(key, status, time); I am told that the method keyChar(char, int, int) is undefined for the type object - so i implement the KeyListener class, however, I still have this same problem.

Needless to say, I'm a bit perplexed...

2) and 3) Although each of our applications is dependent on the common code. Does the TrackwheelListener need to be implemented in each individual application.

As I'm sure you can tell, I'm at a novice level, so if my questions seem a bit silly, its because I'm attempting to familiarise myself with the overall structure of our system, and where and how to implement the required solutions.

Regards,

tig*

p.s. if you require further explanation of how things are tied together on my side, just ask.
Offline   Reply With Quote