View Single Post
Old 11-02-2007, 08:49 AM   #39
AlanM
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9930
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsk View Post
we are running 4.1.4.13 of BlackBerryAgent.exe (to Exchange)

The memory leak we are experiencing relates to users who are S/MIME enabled, they are able to send and receive S/MIME messages on the device however when viewing attachments to S/MIME messages the leak occurs. Just checked one of the BES servers and one BlackBerryAgent.exe process is using 1.8gb. that is after less than a day of running on a server with 100 users (we are restarting all agent processes every night because of this).

which memory leak were you experiencing ? and which version of BlackBerryAgent.exe are you running ?

thanks,

Same problem we had. I am running 4.1.4.19. I had four BES servers, each supporting ~375 users and the CPU utilization was pegged out and Memory was dropping like a stone. I'd check the latest MR release because it should have the corrected version in it. If you are leary about adding the MR you can PM me with your email and I'll send you the two files you need to fix it. (requires stopping BES Controller, copying files, restarting BES Controller).

BTW we had to restart the Controller every few hours because our memory was dropping. The problem we had after restarts was that CPU would climb to 90+% until the BBagents had finished feasting on the 4 GB of RAM. To make a Halloween reference (late) the BB agents were like a pack of vampires sucking the life (memory) out of our servers.
~1500 BB Users, and a headache.
War Eagle!!
Offline   Reply With Quote