View Single Post
Old 12-31-2007, 02:09 AM   #1
jopfer
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Storm
Carrier: T-mobile
Default Linksys WRT54GX2 Router - UMA Blackberry will not roam onto EDGE

Please Login to Remove!

I have been trying to make this work for over a week. I have a Linksys WRT54GX2 router. UMA works FANTASTIC in my house now where I previously had little to no cell coverage, THUS the BB locks onto UMA BEFORE it sees EDGE.

MY Problem: I RARELY can roam seamlessly from a call started on UMA onto EDGE. The call just drops! AND, oftentimes, when this happens, the entire WRT54GX2 router locks up and I have to unplug it and restart it.

This happens whether I have the phone's mobile settings set to "WiFi preferred" or to "Mobile Network Preferred".

I can go stand outside where there are 3 bars of coverage for a LONG time and it never conects to EDGE in the background. I verified that by turning off WiFI in the connection settings and when I do that there is NO connection to EDGE at all. It's like something in the router settings are keeping the phone from seeing EDGE when it comes up on UMA first.

Roaming from UMA onto EDGE works fine at any other WiFi hotspot that I have tried so far.

Thus, I'm thinking that I have a router problem or a router setting problem, not a Blackberry software problem.

Also, the reverse works fine, I can easily roam from a call on EDGE onto WiFi UMA, even on my WRT54GX2 router.

I am stumped. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I recently tried changing the router's settings per this post, and no luck with this either:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/wifi...s-linksys.html

Thanks

p.s. ALSO, I don't even have to be on a call for this to happen, all I have to do is walk away from my house and the connection fails, and sometimes that also locks up the router. It really makes others in the house trying to use the intenet quite perturbed at me...grin

Last edited by jopfer; 12-31-2007 at 02:35 AM.. Reason: adding information
Offline   Reply With Quote